Tuesday, February 2, 2010

laundry is the pits


I know laundry is the pits!

But there are some things that you are going to have to do

for the rest of your life!!!
(and laundry is one of them)

So if you are mad about that, then you just need to get glad about that.

...
You may be saying "self, how do I get glad about that?"


Answer: make it
do-able.

One way to make it do-able is to cut down on the
amount of laundry you actually have to do in a week.


...



Tip: Start with your towels.

Take stock of your current towel situation

1- Sort all your towels into categories

Master Bath
Kids
Guest
Cleaning
Other

2- How many towels do you actually NEED?

* How many people are in your family?
* How often does each kid bathe?
* Can you use your towel more than once?
* How many wash cloths do you use a day?

3- Dump or donate any old, weathered,
"unhappy" or excessive towels.

4- Equalize

Make a mental note of how many towels are
needed in each bathroom and check to see
that they made it back there after showers
and baths everyday. If towels get hung up
after each use you will not end up with
unnecessary loads of laundry.
5- Assign a "Towel" day
Chose one day a week to wash all your
towels. Keeping this type of schedule
with your laundry will keep you on task
and eliminate the mile high piles of
laundry. It also feels really good to know
that all your towels are clean on wednesday
night when you go to bed, even if they
will be used again on thursday.


You too can be as happy as this housewife!

Give it a try.

-and remember It's Just an Idea.



2 comments:

  1. oh amber. i have already incorporated this technique with the towels and it really has changed my life. thank you forever and ever. (now to incorporate it into the clothing!!! yikes) and i just wanted to let you know that i did post a "best" list, just in white so no one can see. it goes like this: ferocious fighting with the eldest sister, ryker calling out a fake pooping esther in the bathtub, cussing a lot. A LOT a lot. and idiot husbands. feel free to add more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I want all of your old towels. I will pick them up when I come up the next time. They make the best shop rags. I want all of your's, Carly's, Azy's, Brighton's, Heather's and well just everybody's old towels. I love old towels. I got a bunch sitting in my shop just waiting to get dirty. Then I wash them and soon I will build a cabinet to put them all in, all the ones that you all give me, like Carly's and your's and Azy's and Heather's and even Danielle's. It doesn't make any difference whether they are old or new, threadbare or really fluffy. Towels, towels, towels. I love old towels. Really!

    ReplyDelete